We would like to say THANK YOU to everyone that donated to Cram the Cruiser and to the School Supply Drive so far! We would like to also thank Dollar General, Family Dollar and the Mineral County Sheriffs Dept. for participating and making it successful! We are so appreciative and we know the kids are too!! Thank you!
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
ive for the Mineral County students 2016/17 school year. Here are the items we are low on this year:
• Backpacks-all sizes
• Loose leaf paper- college ruled and wide ruled
• Glue Sticks
• Markers-thick, thin, and washable
• Pens- blue, black, and red
• Composition books
• Large binders
• #2 pencils, mechanical pencils, and colored pencils
• Pencil sharpeners
• Mid-size scissors (for 8-17 year olds)
• Dry erase markers
• Pencil boxes
• Fraction and Algebraic calculators
• Kids folders 3hole punch and 3 prong insert
We appreciate any and all donations! Thank you!!
Posted by CAHSNV at 8:07 AM
Friday, July 1, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
Suicidal BehaviorSuicide causes immeasurable pain, suffering, and loss to individuals, families, and communities nationwide. On average, 112 Americans die by suicide each day. Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-24 year olds and more than 9.4 million adults in the United States had serious thoughts of suicide within the past 12 months. But suicide is preventable, so it's important to know what to do. For more information, go to www.sprc.org.
Warning Signs of SuicideIf someone you know is showing one or more of the following behaviors, he or she may be thinking about suicide. Don’t ignore these warning signs. Get help immediately.
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself
- Looking for a way to kill oneself
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Displaying extreme mood swings
Get HelpIf you or someone you know needs help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1.800.273.TALK (8255). Trained crisis workers are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you think someone is in immediate danger, do not leave him or her alone—stay there and call 911.
Anxiety DisordersPeople with anxiety disorders respond to certain objects or situations with fear and dread. They have physical reactions to those objects, such as a rapid heartbeat and sweating. An anxiety disorder is diagnosed if a person:
- Has an inappropriate response to a situation
- Cannot control the response
- Has an altered way of life due to the anxiety
Posted by CAHSNV at 2:29 PM